Steve’s Top7 Takeaways regarding Cambodian Sex Slavery – [Exodus Cry Abolition Summit – Session 5] regarding the Cambodia sex slave business where 55,000 women & girls with more than a third under 16 yrs old are trapped, exploited, abused, brutalized with a life without hope. Don Brewster of Agape International Missions AIM shared about the hope in Jesus as Christians walk out their faith.
Don Brewster is CEO of Agape International Missions AIM and shared from the heart the atrocities in Cambodia and the hope in Jesus. Their vision is to see Christ through His church defeat the evil of child sex trafficking in Cambodia and throughout the world. If you saw the new movie Nefarious – Merchant of Souls, you will undoubtedly remember Don as he discussed the journeys of 5 brave heroes who had to face Captain Michael Pepe at the trial after they were brutally raped and abused regularly by this ex-marine. I aspire to walk out my faith like Don Brewster to help those in need!!
“…on this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of Hell will not conquer it.” [Matthew 16:18]
TOP7 Takeaways – Here are Steve’s takeaways of what Jesus placed on my heart through listening to Don Brewster.
- Not called – You are not called to reaching out to the lost and broken hearted. Jesus commands you!
- Sins of Omission – God expects us to show our faith. Jesus’ brother James said, “…faith without works is dead.”
- 5 Gifts – There are 5 gifts listed in Hebrews 10 which helped these Cambodian girls face the marine that brutalized them as they sat in court and were victimized further by the legal system. Gifts are Jesus, Faith, Hope, Love & Each Other. Like the 5 smooth stones used to bring down a giant.
- Loving your enemies – Don shared an incredible story where their ministry had a gym that was open free to the traffickers and pimps. One of the regulars quit showing up because he had raped his sister. AIM pursued him and told him it was God’s gym and not theirs and they kept praying & contending for him. Eventually he gave his life to Jesus. With the fact that traffickers can make equivalent of over $500,000 to $1M USD per month this is astounding.
- Persecuted Life – Everyone who wants to live a Godly life in Jesus will be persecuted including our money. It will be ok because if you believe the Bible there is joy in suffering when you really follow.
- Joy in Suffering – it is way better when you know you are walking in the will of God under His wing.
- Where do you Stand? – Every day we declare with whom we stand. With our money, with our time. Are we bold and courageous like these?
“Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith bring… let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.. .and all the more as you see the Day approaching. [Hebrews 10]
Prayer: “Lord, you are the great judge of not only the wicked but your own people for even sins of omission. Lord, remind me every day to declare to it is You I serve with my money and time. Guide me with your Spirit Lord to hear your voice and mark my path daily. Your servant, Steve