“If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large.” —William Wilberforce
Kezia Hatfield is the Director of Restoration for Exodus Cry. She has a MA in Clinical Psychology and is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to go into the darkest lairs of the earth and works directly with women to help speak life back into them as God heals them.
There was SO much that Kezia shared I can’t really break it into 7 takeaways. I weep in my heart for the broken and I praise God for the men and women that Jesus is raising up to fight this horrific evil.
- Forcefully Broken – These girls are dealing with complex trauma. They lived daily reality of atrocities. Sins of omission like a mom that didn’t do anything hurt almost the most. They witness murders of close friends then blamed for them, forced into drug addictions, forced into abortions, tortured, beaten to miscarriages then raped more, ritualized sex and horrific violent sexual acts, forced to beat others than told they are just like the abuser, the perpetrators want them to become sin and to identify with sin. They are even forced to have split personalities as part of control.
- Shattered – They feel guilt, anxious, shame, no sense of will, despair, rage, addicted, shattered, isolated, lonely, fear, chaos, gaps of disjointed and frozen history, no hope. They want to be with someone desperately but don’t trust anyone.
- Prayer – Craving & connection to this issue started with prayer in college for Kezia and continues to be the anchor that is more important than the earthly training. “Call upon Me in the day of trouble [and] I will deliver you.” [Psalm 50:15]
- Relationship/Community – There needs to be long-term covenant relationships built. You can’t just rescue and leave them. They have false sense of reality and deep fear and need help navigating things we take for granted like grocery stores even.
- Stop Light – every time you come to a Stop Light, stop and pray to shutdown the red light district in your city. Imagine if thousands prayed this how God would move
- Item 7 – HOPE – Jesus is the only real HOPE for these victims.
““The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; he has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison door to those who are bound.” Isaiah 61:1.
Multiply Prayer – Log in to one of the 3 intercessory prayer meetings at ihop.org Prayer Room. Monday’s 6am, 4pm & 8pm CST
Prayer: “Lord, Let me weep for what you weep for. Let me not only care but let me be involved in the restoration of these beautiful daughters of the King of Kings, your precious treasures” Your servant, Steven